Yikes! I can’t believe it’s been a little over 2 weeks since I updated! I am officially 20 weeks pregnant today! How exciting! If it were a singleton pregnancy I would be halfway done with being pregnant, but since we are having twins, we are well over halfway! It has gone by so fast, and I’m told will just go quicker and quicker! This is kind of bittersweet to me. I know that the end goal of pregnancy is getting to hold your babies in your arms instead of in your tummy… but this just seems like such a sweet time right now!
A few updates from the last couple weeks:
- Had a tiny fender bender last week which led to an extra ultrasound at the ER to find out the babies were doing fine (whew!). But led to a lot of stress for mom and daddy.
- Had our anatomy scan! More news on that later!
- Feeling the babies move A LOT!
- Braxton Hicks contractions started last week. Oh joy!
- Had a slight scare with the second portion of our Sequential Testing. We got a slightly high marker for Spina Bifida, which also led to more stress for us last week but everything checked out perfectly with both twins at our ultrasound with the perinatologist, and they do not think either twin has any neural tube defects.
And those bags under my eyes are realllll. I haven’t been sleeping as well the last week or so.
So, let’s talk about the babies!
Meet Baby A, or Lefty.
I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to see these pictures. I can feel the babies move, but I am such a visual person! I love seeing their little heads and spines and legs and arms! This u/s was from last week when I was 19 weeks. Both babies both weighed within a couple grams of each other, right around 9 ounces. So little!
And Baby A is a…
Meet Baby B, Mama’s little Righty.
Baby B was such a little wiggle worm and right underneath my belly button, which led to a lot of work for the ultrasound tech… but look at that sweet profile!
Baby B is…
We are having two boys!
Our little guys.
We are so looking forward to meeting these two!
How far along? 20 weeks
Size of Babies: The size of bananas!
Total weight gain/loss: +7 or so.
Symptoms: Food aversions, still. Braxton Hicks. Some hip pain, but not too bad, mostly just at the end of work. Some nausea with smells. An ever-growing tummy.
Maternity clothes? All day, baby.
Stretch marks? None yet.
Best moment this week: Seeing those two little boys on the ultrasounds last week. Feeling all this movement!
Miss Anything? Sleep.
Movement: Lots during the day. What is even more amazing is feeling both babies at the same time!
Food cravings: Fruity stuff, cereal, cold foods, cheese!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat. Still. Mexican food.
Have you started to show yet: Oh, this belly is growing large and in charge!
Labor Signs: No real labor signs.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but emotional.
Looking forward to: Sleep. Every night. Haha
Be sure to check out our other pregnancy updates: